Delta Greenfields Project
Certifications & Awards
- Partner: The Delta Agricultural Society
- Partner: Ducks Unlimited Canada
- Partner: British Columbia Water Fowl Society
- Partner: Canadian Wildlife Service, Environment Canada
- Partner: YVR Wildlife Stewardship Fund (Vancouver Foundation)
- Partner: Partners in Stewardship Fund (Vancouver Foundation)
- Partner: Corporation of Delta
The Greenfields project supports preservation and coexistence of wildlife habitat and agricultural productivity in the Fraser River Delta. This is one of BC’s most productive agricultural areas and is also home to thousands of immigrating waterfowl.
The Greenfields project works with farmers to plant winter cover crops such as cereal grains, rye grass, and clover that benefit both soil productivity and wildlife habitat capacity within Delta. A Monitoring and Evaluation Program continues to evaluate cover crop types and waterfowl use. In addition, the project incorporates a communication program that assists in increasing awareness of agricultural-wildlife interactions.
This post was imported from the 'Greater Vancouver Green Guide', it's part of the 'Green Guide Portal' to the Green Building Brain.