2121 Marine Dr.
West Vancouver, BC
Certifications & Awards
- Owner: District of West Vancouver
- Architect: Hughes Condon Marler
- Structural Engineer: Fast + Epp Structural Engineers
- Mechanical Engineer: Stantec (formerly Keen Engineering)
- Electrical Engineer: Robert Freundlich and Associates
- Landscape Architect: Phillips Farevaag Smallenberg
- Contractor: DGS Construction
The original West Vancouver Aquatic Centre was built in 1974 and provided 25 years of enjoyment to the community. When a system upgrade was needed, the District of West Vancouver took the opportunity to incorporate green technologies into a facility overhaul. Operable glazed doors and windows replaced heavy, dark materials, providing an abundance of natural light, and HVAC systems were revamped, allowing natural ventilation.
These features, along with views of the surrounding wooded area and mountains give the user an outdoor experience within the facility. The signature east wall of the facility uses a series of electronically-operated solar shades, allowing control of solar heat and light.
Tours: Available upon request