8889 Walnut Grove Dr
Certifications & Awards
- Architect: Hughes Condon Marler
- Structural Engineer: Read Jones Christoffersen Ltd.
- Mechanical Engineer: Stantec (formerly Keen Engineering)
- Electrical Engineer: Richard Walker Engineering
- Landscape: Durante Kreuk Ltd.
- Contractor: DGS Construction
This retrofitted community centre brings new life to an older building in the Township of Langley. Economy of design is reflected in a three-layered function of acoustical panels used for daylighting, pool lane markers, and acoustics. The exposed style of the building, its materials, and HVAC systems minimize the need for off-gassing finishes. A conical skylight and extensive glazing provide the facility with mountain views and natural daylighting. Natural ventilation is provided by glazed overhead doors that run the length of the main pool. A stormwater pond is used for amenity and stormwater management, increasing on-site infiltration and reducing site runoff.
Technology: HVAC System; Storm Water Pond for Management.
Tours: Open to the public.