1815 152nd St.
Certifications & Awards
- LEED® Silver
- Architect: Darrell J. Epp Ltd., Musson Cattell Mackey Partnership
City of Surrey
- Structural Engineer: Weiler Smith Bowers Consulting Engineers
- Mechanical Engineer: Cobalt Engineering
- Electrical Engineer: Flagel Lewandowski Ltd.
- Landscape Architect: Perry + Associates
- General Contractor: Norson Construction Ltd.
The Semiahmoo Library & RCMP District Office share the first LEED© Silver certified building in the City of Surrey, providing two important community services under one roof. A raised access floor system facilitates adaptations in space and design, making efficient use of available land.
The building incorporates impressive water efficiency techniques with waterless urinals that each save 160,000 litres of water annually, reducing facility water consumption by 41%. High-performance glass, and reflective roofing contribute to a total energy consumption that falls 45% below ASHRAE 90.1 standards. Total capital costs are 28% below that of other municipal libraries.
Technology: Water Efficiency; High Performance Glass; Reflective Roofing
Tours: Available upon request.