181 Roundhouse Mews
Certifications & Awards
- Owner: City of Vancouver
- Architect: Via Architecture
- Structural Engineer: Jones Kwong Kishi
- Electrical Engineer: Arnold Nemetz & Associates
- Landscape Architect: Forma Design Inc.
- Contractor: Shimizu Canada Corporation
Sitting at the junction of Davie and Pacific Streets, the Roundhouse was once the most western hub of the Canadian Pacific Railway. In the 1800s it housed and serviced steam locomotives. Since then, the building, like the steam train, has come and gone, only to make an exciting comeback during Expo ’86.
Its fate as a thriving community centre was sealed in the mid-1990’s when local enthusiasts rallied to resurrect the Roundhouse.
The Roundhouse Community Centre inspires life-long learning, health, and creativity in a space visually grounded in Vancouver’s pioneering history.
Tours: Open to the public.