4010 Regent Street,
Burnaby , BC
Certifications & Awards
- Architect: Busby Perkins+Will (formerly Busby Bridger Architects)
- Engineer: Stantec (formerly Keen Engineering)
- Structural Engineer: Read Jones Christoffersen Ltd.
- Electrical/ Energy: Reid Crowther and Partners Ltd.
- Landscape Architect: Reeve MacDougall
- Contractor: Degelder Construction Ltd.
Now fourteen years old, the headquarters for the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of BC (APEG BC) sets a precedent for successful green design, particularly for superior natural lighting technologies. Architects worked along side APEG engineers in an integrated approach to design this successful space.
The electrical systems maximize passive solar energies for lighting and heating. Most noticeable in appearance are precisely shaped “sails” that are suspended within the interior of the structure. These sails distribute natural and artificial light evenly into the interior space. Extensive glazing and fritted glass louvers on the east and south faces also contribute to enjoyable work space for APEG employees.
Tours: Not available